Cindy has survived, and is now thriving after the challenges of HIV, Cancer, TB Meningitis, Pneumonia, Shingles and two Strokes, (between 2004-2008) and a double bypass in 2018. This is ample authentication that she is in a unique position to present on ‘Owning your Balance & Bounce’ through lifestyle skills management that has spanned her enterprising, and unusual vocation.
Cindy is invariably asked how she bounces back after her many life-changing incidences. Some of her habitual characteristics are:
- A positive attitude.
- Confidence and calmness.
- A willingness to ask for help.
- Acceptance of her situation.
- Persistence and determination.
- Challenge – Resilient people view a difficulty as a challenge, not as a paralysing event.
- Commitment – Resilient people are committed to their lives and their goals, and they have a compelling reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- Personal Control – Resilient people spend their time and energy focusing on situations and events that they have control over.
Having a natural ability to bounce back has been part of her recovery. Balance put her in a position to validate, that facing and owning, the many adversities that came her way, could turn any disaster or trauma into a rewarding and educational experience.