SAQA Qualification ID 71490, NQF Level 2, 128 Credits
This program is designed to meet the needs of those learners who enter the field of Contact Centres. Contact Centres have become key business tools - integral to the way organisations achieve their business objectives. Contact Centres are a growing and competitive industry, increasing the need for skilled people and the development of formal career paths in this field. Companies have a significant number of departments that communicate with clients; however, sometimes customer-company interaction cannot be achieved due to availability, given that departments have to deal with heavy workloads and clients have no time to travel to the company’s facilities to speak with one of its representatives. Call Centers have helped many companies to improve their service, since they provide clients with the opportunity to solve any issue from the comfort of their own home. A well trained call centre operator can make or break that client-customer relationship and this course will equip the new customer centre operator with the skills necessary to raise customer service to the next level.
Course Designed For
This qualification is ideal for any individual who wants to enter the Contact Centre industry. It will provide them with a solid foundation on which to build their career and extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry so they can become competent workers in Contact Centres.
Learners accessing this qualification are assumed to be competent in: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 (Grade 9) as well as Computer Literacy at NQF Level 2 (Grade 10).
- Identify Contact Centre customers and their needs
- Respond to customers with factual and accurate information
- Gather and process data specifically related to Contact Centre
- Operate as a team member in a diverse working environment
- Perform to the required standards and requirements
- Implement and articulate operational activities in a Contact Centre
Effectively meeting customer needs
- Identify and respond to customer needs in a Contact Centre
- Provide information to customers in a Contact Centre
- Collect and record information queries and requests from customers
- Input data received onto appropriate computer packages within a Contact Centre
- Apply in-bound and out-bound Contact Centre operations within an emergency context
- Handle a range of customer complaints in Contact Centre
Working in a team
- Understand and apply skills to be part of a successful Contact Centre team
- Contribute to a diverse working environment in a Contact Centre
- Instil a personal Contact Centre culture
- Understand and meet performance standards within a Contact Centre
- Gather and provide relevant information to contribute to Contact Centre problem solving