SAQA Qualification ID 57712 , NQF Level 4, 150 Credits | 20 OPSA CPD Points
Being tasked with taking on the role of manager can be an exciting but daunting challenge. This qualification focuses on developing managerial excellence. Driven by subject-matter experts and positioned, tested and implemented against the needs of the market, this qualification provides leading edge management and leadership thinking, training and development. Managers are required to have a set of fundamental competencies to succeed in the managerial role:
- Developing plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Leading a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives. Monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Making decisions based on a code of ethics.
This qualification lays the foundation for you to build a career in management across various sectors and industries. It will provide you with solid skills in four key areas: Leadership, self-management, people management and management practices
Course Designed For
This qualification is ideal for candidates who have been working in a supervisory or team leader position for a minimum of one year as the sessions cover gap-training of concepts and principles relating to the specific topics and outcomes of this qualification.
Applicants must have Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3 (Grade 11).
- Information analysis and presentation according to organisational objectives and requirements
- Defining and aligning tasks, resources, time frames and measurement criteria to meet organisational objectives
- Application of methods, procedures and techniques to organise a work unit in accordance with organisational requirements
- Application of the principles of leadership, organisation’s objectives and Standard Operating Procedures within a work unit
- Application of knowledge of group dynamics to build effective teams
- Measurement of work unit performance against organisational objectives
- Understanding of the concept of ethics and its influence on activities and decision-making
Module 1: Workplace Ethics and Problem Solving
- Instilling workplace ethics
- Solving problems effectively
Module 2: Planning Skills
- Employing a systematic approach to achieving objectives
- Using planning skills to resolve a problem
Module 3: Expenditure and Budgets
- Managing expenditure and budgets
Module 4: Time Management
- Allocating resources
- Managing time and priorities
Module 5: Organisational Strategy and Functions
- Understanding your organisation’s strategy
- Clarifying organisational functions
Module 6: Workplace Relationships
- Managing workplace relationships
Module 7: Leadership and Team Morale
- Developing strong leadership skills
- Understanding team dynamics and morale
Module 8: Meetings and Minutes
- Conducting structured meetings
Module 9: Performance Monitoring
- Monitoring performance
- Managing your supply chain
Module 10: Customer Service
- Providing outstanding customer service
Module 11: Maths Fundamentals
- Statistics, probability, shapes and motion
- Personal and business financial aspects
Module 12: Second Language Fundamentals
- Interpret texts in second language
- Write and present in a second language