SAQA Qualification ID 67464, NQF Level 4, 139 Credits
The marketing function is a key business function which affects the success of any organisation, both strategically and operationally. This programme is aimed at people who wish to develop further understanding of marketing principles and practices. This programme facilitates producing knowledgeable, skilled Marketers able to contribute to improved productivity, effectiveness and efficiency within marketing roles through improved skills and knowledge of international and national trends, integration and legislation requirements in the marketing sector.
Course Designed For
This qualification is ideal for candidates who have been working in a marketing or sales position for a minimum of one year as the sessions cover gap-training of concepts and principles relating to the specific topics and outcomes of this qualification.
Applicants must have Communication, Mathematical Literacy and Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3 (Grade 11).
- Work and comply with organisational ethics, concepts and cultures
- Meet marketing objectives with available resources
- Position and promote products to meet customers’ needs
- Maintain internal and external customer satisfaction levels
- Apply aspects of marketing
Module 1: Working as part of a marketing Team
- Understanding of the principles of marketing
- Demonstration of effective team work and stakeholder communication
- Understanding of the range of marketing activities
Module 2: Product Positioning and the target market
- Effective selection and efficient utilisation of resources
- Legal and ethical requirements and impact of non-compliance
- Place and Positioning
Module 3: Customer Service
- The needs of internal and external stakeholders
- On-going liaison and sustainable relationships
- Information distribution and control
- Understanding international and national definitions and trends
- Integrating internal standard practices and processes