What is an inner core assistant?
Inner core assistants are responsible for coordinating and managing office administrative duties while offering an extensive level of professional support to executive managers. They need to anticipate their managers‘ need and assist them to optimise their time. They are relied on to ensure that work is handled efficiently and without the need for constant or direct supervision.
The administrative secretary must regularly exercise independent judgment and action, including making frequent decisions in line with delegated responsibilities from assigned supervisor. As such they must be effective and efficient in their time management and their people skills.
Who should attend?
- Personal Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- Project Assistants
- Administrative Assistants
Module 1: Introduction to being an inner core assistant
Module 2: Mastering the basics
- Overview of key competencies of the inner core assistant
- What sets you apart?
- What is your USP?
- Personal Branding and Selling
Module 3: The International Standard in Business Environment – KEY business concepts
- Managing Process not People
- Manage vs. Lead
- The Toxic Boss Syndrome
- The Queen Bee Syndrome
- How to deal with different Management Styles
- Micro vs Macro Management
Module 4: Mastering your Manager‘s Diary
- Using a Note Book
- Using a Diary
- Using a To Do List
- The Grid of Urgency
Module 5: Manager Support
- Administration Support
- List of Priorities
- Logistical Support
- Travel, Accommodation and Meeting arrangements
Module 6: Understanding and Managing Office Technology
- 21st Century Communication Applications
- Organisational Policies regarding Social Media as a tool for communication
Module 7: Meeting Preparation and Co-ordination
Module 8: Effective Office Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
- Assertiveness Skills
- Listening Skills