Power hours and short workshops are ideal for businesses that can’t spare the time to send their employees on long courses. These types of quick training sessions are used to continuously develop employees’ skills, help generate ideas, assist with planning, realign teams, and motivate staff on an ongoing basis. You only need a few hours and if you book a power hour or short workshop there is the option of attending remotely or adopting a blended approach.
What is the best day to book a short power hour or workshop?
Mondays and Fridays are not normally recommended. On a Monday, your staff might need to plan for the week or quickly handle some urgent things they did not get time for on the previous Friday. On a Friday they might already be in weekend mode or might have last minute things to do before they leave for the weekend. Our suggestion would be Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays as these days are more conducive to focus and really take in the knowledge.
What workshops or power hours are short but impactful?
The Mindspa Institute is well-known for training courses where the training material can be customised and adapted to suit the needs of various clients and businesses over various industries. They also provide course presentations either online, or at the premises of the client. Some clients also prefer a blended approach where there are some delegates attending remotely and some in-house.
Out of a vast repertoire of courses and programmes, here are their 7 Top Performing courses for 2020:
1. Be SMART with People
SMART: Strategic Meaningful Assertive Results-orientated Techniques for dealing with all people.
This fun, practical workshop explores all aspects related to effective and emotionally intelligent management of people at all levels of your business and personal life. It equips delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to manage difficult people, difficult conversations and conflict. It explains the principles of effective inter-personal communication and how to understand behaviour in order to modify it. This workshop will be beneficial for everyone who has wanted to handle bosses, spouses, children, in-laws or employees in a more effective manner.
2. Workplace Readiness
This is an impactful presentation which provides an entertaining, motivating and above all highly practical set of tools and skills that your young employees will be able to implement immediately to increase their productivity and ensure that they become and remain a valuable team member in your organization.
3. Corona Virus (Covid-19) Awareness
Keep your workplace and your team aware! This is an hour-long training presentation which gives you and your team the latest information about the virus. It includes practical tips and tools especially aimed at the workplace.
4. Enhance your Emotional Intelligence
EQ, more than IQ, determines professional and personal growth and success. The fundamentals of EQ will improve your inter-personal relationships, communication skills, conflict and anger management. This course will teach you:
- What EQ is and how you can improve your own levels of EQ
- How you can use emotionally intelligent communication techniques in your daily life
- How you can improve your inter-personal relationships with all levels in the organisation
- How to use EQ to positively deal with conflict and anger
- How EQ can help you deal with stress
- Top EQ tips for an improved life at work and at home
5. Spring Clean Your Mind
This presentation focuses on the issues of self-motivation and how individuals in an organisation can motivate themselves, not just relying on the company or their bosses. You will learn:
- How to motivate yourself
- How to plan your own goals
- How not to blame others
- How not to use work, colleagues or bosses as an excuse for not being successful
- How to cultivate positive habits
- How to practically incorporate Stephen Covey’s habits of highly effective people
6. The Impact of Covid-19 – Working in the new normal
Before the world wide pandemic working remotely was largely intentional, and people who chose it generally did so knowing it would fit well into their lives. However, that wasn’t the case for the millions of people working remotely for the first time due to the coronavirus. This workshop explores the impact that Covid-19 has on our everyday life including our work life, personal life, and finances, as well as workshop through tips and tools to help delegates adjust to the new normal.
The Workshop topics include:
- Manage yourself and others through the change cycle in a positive, productive manner
- Deal with unexpected changes or a crisis
- What is the impact on our workload and responsibilities, including the need to work at a faster rate
- Create a work schedule and set boundaries to achieve a work-life balance
- Recognising the emotional impact of Covid-19, and how to deal with it
- 5 Step action plan to manage your personal finances
7. Managing my Remote Team
2020 has brought all of us face to face with the (sometimes) scary reality of having to manage our teams remotely. This up to date, practical course helps us to understand the new rules of this relationship, enabling us to see this change from both perspectives and help us to navigate this challenge with empathy, insight and powerful management techniques to continue to have a motivated, productive, profitable team.
In a short 5 hour course, questions and issues that will be discussed are:
- Understanding the “new” long-distance relationship
- What is a remote team?
- What are the benefits of a remote team?
- Unpacking the challenges faced by remote workers
- Key questions to ask your remote team
- Unpacking the challenges and problems faced by managers
- Communication issues due to a lack of non-verbal cues
- Top tips for effective online meetings
- How to delegate to remote employees
- How to motivate remote employees
- Best practices for remote team management
- The top 13 ways to manage remote employees
The greatest gap in the world is between “knowing” and “doing” so all these training workshops and interventions focus on bridging that gap through interacting with the business, its management and employees, enabling them to take the lessons and practically implement the changes in their work and personal lives.