Work is a part of everyday life. It is a part of survival, growth and success. Millions of people already stuck in a life-drowning career or those who are just starting out and don’t know what they want to be doing for the rest of their lives, ask the same question: How do I find my passion? How do I find out what I love doing?
Confucius said: “If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.” But do you even know what you love? Do you know what your passion is? You might feel like there is nothing really that jumps out and screams to your heart. Or on the other hand there might be so many things you love it makes the task to choose one even more daunting. What happens then? The truth is that you are stuck in a job and life that is either mediocre or that you despise.
Here is what to do to find out what you love, and to find your passion:
- Be open-minded and begin with the right perspective in mind. If you start with a negative mind you will block out opportunities or simply ignore ideas because you either think it is too hard to achieve or no one will actually pay for it.
- Surround yourself with entrepreneurs and people who have already found their passion. Let them inspire you. Find out how they came about doing what they love and converting it into a business. One can learn a lot out of the experiences of others. Who knows, they might spark an idea.
- Elimination is also a process of discovery. Focus on what you don’t want to do. If you eliminate things like, sitting in front of a computer from 8-5 ever day or working with the public or driving around all day, you might narrow you options? Don’t just concentrate on the smaller things, however, also focus on jobs or careers that you would really hate doing. This is also a process of self-discovery as you define yourself.
- Ask yourself “on what would you spend your time without getting paid?” Go through experiences in your life. Dissect your moments or events and discover the core of what made these experiences stand out to you. A moment that peaked might be something like spending a winter at a lake, but what really made it memorable was when you actually had the time and inspiration to do some journal writing?
- Focus on combining some of your average strengths together to develop a lucrative career. You might be surprised what you can come up with if you look carefully and determine how you can merge various other aspects into either a business or a change of career path. Things like an average talent or a love for writing and for example cooking and trying new recipes might be the road that leads to developing your own cook book?
There is nothing that takes away your joy and happiness in life more, than like being stuck in a dead end job or a career you loath but need. The Mindspa Institute has a workshop called Personal Mastery that helps you pave a road towards self-discovery. During this journey you regain clarity around your purpose and it aligns your life’s direction. This workshop is perfect if you want to acquire insights into your own personal vision and reality.